We value you as a customer and take your personal privacy very seriously. We are informing you of our policies for using, securing, collecting and sharing nonpublic personal information (“customer information”) the first time that we do business and every year that you are a customer of Consumers Insurance.
Our Privacy Guidelines are as follows:
* We do not sell customer information
* We do not provide customer information to any person or organization outside of Consumers Insurance who are doing business on our behalf, for their own marketing purposes.
* We do not share customer medical information with anyone outside Consumers Insurance, unless you authorize it, or unless your insurance contract with us permits us to do so.
* We afford prospective and former customers the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
What Type of Information Do We Collect?
We collect and use information we believe is necessary to administer our business, to provide you with insurance products and services, advise you about our products and services, and to provide you with customer service. We may collect and maintain several types of customer information needed for these purposes, such as those listed below.
Types of information we may collect and how we gather it:
* From you, (on applications for our insurance, through telephone interviews or in-person interviews, Consumers Employees) such as your address and telephone number.
* From your transactions with us, such as your payment history, underwriting and claim documents.
* From non-Consumers companies, such as your driving record and claim history
* From consumer reporting agencies, such as your credit history.
How We Use Information About You
We use customer information to underwrite your business insurance policies, process your claims, ensure proper billing, and service your commercial accounts.
We share information about our transactions and experiences with you within Consumers Insurance to better serve you and to assist you in meeting your current product and service needs. We may also disclose customer information about you to persons or organizations outside Consumers Insurance as permitted or required by law. We share customer information as necessary to handle your claim and to protect you against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
Customer Information Protection
We maintain physical, electronic and organizational safeguards to protect customer information. We continually review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security in order to help ensure the safety of customer information.
You are a valuable customer and we look forward to every opportunity to service your needs.